Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders India is an international humanitarian medical aid organization working in more than 70 countries worldwide. Médecins Sans Frontières is neutral, impartial, independent, and not linked to any political party or governmental body. Our teams provide emergency medical assistance to people in need, irrespective of their nationality, race or religion. In 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize as recognition for its medical work in several continents.
Position: Assistant Finance Coordinator
Job Location: New Delhi
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Start Date: ASAP
Application closing date: 11 August 2017
- Salary Gross (INR): 48,790/- per month (non-negotiable).
- 15 days annual leave; 12 days paid leave as per specified list of holidays; Sick/Casual leave of 12 days as per calendar year (pro-rated based on hire date).
- Contributions made for statutory benefit programs such as Provident Fund.
- Covered under accident insurance.
- Mediclaim: Medical reimbursement for employees and their dependents as per health care policy.
- A stimulating, professional environment in an international organization.
Purpose of Post:
- Technical focal point for all Finance staff in the projects on, bookkeeping, monthly reporting, NS salary payment.
- Budgetary management: Assist the FinCo in the preparation of the annual budget proposal, budget revision and control reports.
- Donor reports: Assist the FinCo in the preparation of donor proposal and reports.
- Statutory returns: Timely filing of all statutory returns.
- Liaison with third parties such as bank, Chartered Accountants and any others as per the requirement.
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
- Hierarchically and Functionally accountable to the Finance Coordinator (FinCo).
- Supervise Capital Bookkeeper, Cashier and Finance assistant.
Mission and Principal Activities:
- Day-to-day focal point for the projects and provide support and training on Boox / or equivalent software and related issues as required
- Ensure timely closing of the monthly bookkeeping in the whole mission
- Implement mission guidelines to ensure money security (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances) and expenses’ commitments (purchase procedures, validation and organisation of payments, follow up of regular payments)
- Implement and maintain an overview of all signatories and authorization/endorsement tables in the entire mission.
- Review project monthly money request and follow up on monthly transfers.
- Monitor mission cash-flow on a regular basis and ensure sufficient funds are available for project activities.
- Review bookkeeping from capital and field locations, ensuring that it respects Indian accounting compliances and Head office standard procedures, on time and according to chart of accounts.
- Provide regular feedback to Finance Assistants /Bookkeepers/Cashiers and Project Coordinators.
- Promptly communicate financial irregularities and potential issues noticed in mission bookkeeping to FinCo for further follow up.
- Oversee timely payments of suppliers, landlords, contractors etc. in Delhi.
- Supervise preparation and timely forwarding of hard copies/soft copies to HQ.
- Initiate, maintain, and improve on mission-wide finance procedures, including filing and archiving systems (hard and soft copy).
- Assist the FinCo in Year End closing procedures and reporting.
- Prepare and manage monthly cash and bank fund requirement for mission (project and capital).
- Coordinate with Accounting Compliance Unit – ACU for all finance related issues.
- Assist the FinCo in the preparation of the budget for the Annual Plan and quarterly monthly revisions.
- Monitor expenditures and their appropriateness in line with the capital and projects’ budgets and report deviations to the FinCo.
- Liaison with external parties including: Banks, lawyer, Chartered Accountants, labour department, other sections, etc.
- Brief newly arrived expats on finance as required.
- Act as back-up for Finco. Take on duties of ‘Acting FinCo’ only when specifically appointed as such by the Finco.
- Undertake project visits as required to provide guidance/assistance to projects on financial issues.
- Diploma in Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting or finance and in administration.
- Desirable experience in MSF/DWB or other NGOs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- High level of confidentiality and diplomacy
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of written & spoken English language and local language
- Good communication and social skills to connect with the community
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required
- Good knowledge of MS Office especially MS Word, MS Excel and any local accounting software (for example tally)
- Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
To apply for the above position:
Please clearly state which position you are applying for and send CV and letter of motivation to apply for this position (with phone number) not later than 11 August 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application without motivation letter will not be accepted.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not use any external recruitment consultants.