Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Number of post available: 1
Duration: 12 Months (Non-Renewable)
Expected Starting Date: 01st June 2019
Last Date of Application: 19th May 2019
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the waste management.
- Ensure a permanent water supply.
- Find, and negotiate contracts for preventive maintenance with contractors under the supervision of Logistics Supervisor.
- Responsible of the keys management.
- Check the presence of the fire extinguishers and refer to the Logistics Supervisor in case of problems.
- Supervises work of casual labor when required.
- Perform the preventive maintenance of all the air purifier devices across office and other premises such as apartments etc.
- Cleans all the filter on the A/C units (indoor units) across office and other premises such as apartments etc.
- Perform all preventive maintenance on all exhaust fans, water purifiers in the office and residences.
- Ensure the safety of the electrical set-up; that all the energy equipment are working properly and are in good condition.
- Writes a weekly and monthly report on his activities.
- Report to the Logistics Supervisor about any problems in all the compounds.
- Emergency Response
- Availability and flexibility in the case of an emergency intervention
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to cope with stress.
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required and aptitude for humanitarian medical work.
- Excellent computer skills (especially MS Office MS Word and MS Excel) & reporting skills.
- Languages: English, Hindi/Marathi.
- Essential: Relevant technical certification & Secondary education
- At least 2-3 year experience in the similar area of work
- Basic knowledge of general maintenance work (plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, repair work etc.) will be an added advantage
HR & Benefits (Non-negotiable)
- Monthly Gross Salary: 29,908.00 INR /-
- Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Base And Facilities Officer to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th May 2019, 5:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.