Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999
The study is a non-interventional study to determine the prevalence of asymptomatic HIV patients with evidence of kala azar infection through qPCR or positive rk39. All study participants will be followed up at 3-monthly intervals until 18 months to assess conversion from asymptomatic kala azar to symptomatic status kala azar.
Number of posts available: 2
Location: Saran, Bihar
Project: Asymptomatic Study
Last application date: 6th January, 2019
Starting date: ASAP
Purpose of Post
- Tracking of Lost to follow-ups by active follow-ups home visits
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
- Hierarchically & functionally accountable to the IECHP Manager and Operational Research Coordinator
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Tracking & Follow up
- To follow-up patients through home visits and phone in the designated district.
- Track all patients recruited under asymptomatic study for timely follow-ups.
- Track Patients recruited in the study to understand their kala azar status post recruitment.
- Track Patients recruited in the study to understand their survival status post recruitment.
- To document the reasons of lost to follow-ups.
- Update names and phone numbers of MoH and other VL-HIV stakeholders at district and block level.
- Update working phone numbers of participants recruited under the study
- Conduct active follow up and home visits for patients under the asymptomatic study
- Collect data in a standardized case report form during follow-ups.
- Person should own and be able to drive the vehicle for the active follow up
- Daily data reporting to IECHP manager, even if there are no cases-zero reporting by mail/fax, etc.
- Prepares a monthly tour plan for the up-coming month by the end of the previous month and shares with the IECHP manager
Communication & Facilitation
- To be in contact with the IECHP manager on regular basis.
- When required they will also report to Operational Research Coordinator in the absence of IECHP manager
- To perform any other tasks as required by your Supervisor
- To maintain a flexible approach and responds to the needs of the project even if outside of this job description.
- Higher Secondary Essential
- Graduation in Humanities.-Desirable.
- Minimum 1-year experience, preferably in the field of social work or other related fields
- Desirable experience with other NGOs related in the field of HIV.
- Essential good understanding of local language(s)
- Able to understand and write English.
- Good communication and social skills to connect with the community
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Exhibits creativity & innovation
Consultancy Fee & Other Benefits
- Consultancy Fee: Rupees 23,695/- per month (10% TDS deduction as applicable).
- 2 months consultancy contract (Extendable based on performance and needs)
Please send your CV and cover letter, stating your motivation and what can you contribute to the position, with the subject Ref: Consultant Lay Counsellor Educator to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that are no completed (CV + Covering letter) will not be considered.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.