Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 65 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, antibiotic resistance, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Location: Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
Starting date: 16th October 2017
Gross Monthly Salary: INR 23,507/-
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Closing date: 2nd October 2017
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients (and their family).
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out individual or group counselling, basic psycho-educational sessions to patients and their families in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counselling activities and look after it.
- Keep files, statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counsellors, preserving confidentiality.
- Inform line manager of any difficulty/problem arising during day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervision/interviews and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health/psychosocial issues.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload & taking initiative when appropriate.
- Good spoken & written English.
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Willingness to live and work in a rural setting.
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility.
Essential Graduation in Social Science, Master in Social Science/Psychology desirable.
At least 2 years work experience in Counselling. Previous experience with MSF or any other NGO would be an added advantage.
HR Benefits (Non-negotiable)
1. Monthly Gross Salary: INR 23,507/-
2. Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 15 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Position to: email@example.com by 2nd October 2017, 5:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh