MSF being a truly international organisation, the role of a Field Administration Professional is an exciting and fulfilling one, giving you the opportunity to develop and work with a variety of people from across the globe. You can be an HR or Finance person with an experience in Administration.
You would take care of much of the day to day running of the project from payroll to managing the international staff compound administration. Ultimately you would be ensuring that the project has the right administrative aspects in place to ensure its success. You would be in a supportive role to the HR and Finance coordinators to implement policies and procedures in your project.
Key responsibilities will include
(Please note that a detailed job description will be provided for each role when offered and may differ slightly from context to context)
- Be responsible for project accounts, cash management and security.
- You will liaise with local authorities and service providers in relation to all project finance, human resources issues, and local labour laws.
- Oversee their implementation across all projects.
- You may also be part of the country management team, coordinating the financial and human resources for a number of field projects and contributing to discussion and decisions around project direction.
- Support and advise management on learning and development of staff.
- Ensure MSF operates within local labour laws in the project country and coordinate contractual aspects of staff.
- Manage, train and supervise locally recruited HR staff.
- Supports proper management of HR across the board and supports HR or Finance Coordinators in relevant Administration and legal issues in the Mission.
Your skills in cross-cultural human resource management and communication will also be important, as your role requires supporting both international and local staff.
- Degree in HR management or Finance Management or Admin Studies
- Fluency in English and /or French/Arabic language.
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Significant experience in an HR, Finance and Administrative roles, preferably within a multi-cultural context.
- Experience in Human Resource Management, policy and principles in areas such as recruitment, performance management, staff payroll, tax, labour law and or Accounting, budgeting, financial planning, financial reporting
- Good interpersonal skills and flair for building and maintaining good relationships
- Good time management combined with strong organisational skills, and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutions to problems and effectively manage change
- Demonstrable experience in conflict management
- Experience in training, coaching, mentoring and supervising
- Willing to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum of 9-12 months
What do we offer:
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognition of the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre and post-mission health checks.
Career with MSF:
Besides the package offered, there are many intangible benefits in working with MSF in the field. Our field missions are a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to contribute in a special way to the people who need our support. We at MSF look into measures to support your career growth within the organization and invests in training and development of our personnel in a systematic way.
Due to heavy volume of applications and less vacancies in the field the selection process is extremely strict. Kindly apply only if you feel you meet the essential criteria. Please be aware that there will be a waiting period of 6-9 months on an average to be placed in the field if you are successfully recruited.