Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Number of post available: 1
Location: New Delhi
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Last Date of Application: 13th May 2019
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Purpose of the post
Execute administrative and finance related tasks and follow up of project accountancy to support the Finance & Accountancy Manager (FAM) following DWBI standard and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources to achieve project objectives
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
Hierarchically accountable to the Finance and Accountancy Manager and functionally accountable to the Finance Coordinator.
- Implementing cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, assisting the Project Finance Managers in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to en-sure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Processing the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities, classifying, preparing and filing of all accounting pieces in accounting software, in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project Finance Managers in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Any other relevant administrative task delegated by the line manager.
Context Specific Accountabilities
- Financial Management
- Entering data in Tally on monthly basis.
- Reconcile the various head in Tally against balance specification and as per the Tally checklist before submitting it to CAL.
- Ensure the Data entry is converted correctly into Tally in accordance with Indian Accounting Standards.
- To review the correctness of the bills/receipts according to the Financial Guideline & Indian Accounting Standard for respective legal entities; (name/address etc.)
- Regular feedback on hardcopy review to FAM for whole mission.
- Work in accordance with the India mission financial guidelines as provided by the Finance Coordinator.
- Overall responsible for hard copies scan for whole mission and feedbacks for HQ.
- Assist FinCo (FAM) during the annual audit for various legal entities.
- Ensure appropriate authorisation according to India mission authorisation table.
- Immediately report any financial irregularities.
- Preparing various monthly overviews e.g.; GST, TDS etc. in accordance with the guideline provided by FAM.
- Preparing various annexures during the Annual audit for various legal entities.
- Fill the gap of project Finance Assistants and Fin/HR Assistants on holidays or in any specific condition as delegated by the Finance Coordinator or FAM with full responsibility.
- Excellent knowledge of local accounting system (Tally) and computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation; Team work and Cooperation; Behavioural Flexibility; Commitment to DWBI Principles; Stress Management
Desirable finance, business or administration related diploma
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in DWBI or other similar organizations.
HR & Benefits (Non-negotiable)
- Salary Gross (INR): 37,038/- per month (non-negotiable)
- 18 days annual leave; 12 days paid leave as per specified list of holidays; Sick/Casual leave of 12 days as per calendar year (pro-rated based on hire date).
- Contributions made for statutory benefit programs such as Provident Fund.
- Covered under accident insurance.
- DWBI provides medical reimbursement for employees and their dependents as per health care policy.
- A stimulating, professional environment in an international organization.
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Finance Assistant to: email@example.com by 13th May 2019, 5:00 pm.
Application without motivation letter will not be accepted.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.