MSF is seeking general physicians to undertake a combination of curative care and teaching/administrative duties, with the balance varying according to the project. It is an added benefit to have experience in managing infectious & tropical diseases like HIV, Tuberculosis, Kala Azar, Malaria, Cholera, Diarrheal conditions etc. Similarly, experience in paediatric, obstetrics and gynaecological care will be an asset.
Curative care generally takes place in clinic settings and to some degree in field hospitals or existing hospitals. Teaching and administrative responsibilities include supervising and training local medical staff, planning medical programs, pharmacy management and medical supplies and reporting on medical activities.
During disasters and in crisis situations, community health specialists are required who are able to manage and deal with medical emergencies at the community level (for which we need MD in Community Medicine)
- Minimum qualification: MBBS
- Minimum of two years and above of professional experience after registration
- Full Medical Council registration
- Managerial and supervisory experience
- Flexible and ability to manage stress
- Ability to provide training and supervision to others
- Availability for a minimum period of 9-12 months
- Experience in following fields is a good asset:
- Infectious diseases
- Public health
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Emergency Medicine
What Do We Offer
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognising the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre and post-mission health checks.
Career With MSF
Besides the practical considerations, there are many intangible benefits. Working for MSF is a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to help people in a very real way. MSF encourages field workers to continue working for the organisation beyond their first mission, and we offer various career opportunities to our field workers.
Gaining more and varied MSF field experience makes you eligible for coordination positions in the mission such as Logistical, Medical, or Project Coordinator, or Head of Mission.