Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Job Location: New Delhi
Expected Start Date: 15th April 2019
Last Date of Application: 17th March 2019
Main Tasks And Responsibilities
- Assist the HoM in the context analysis, disseminate relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for DWBI internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organisational activities and individual behaviours
- Keep good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and file field contacts (other NGO’s, UN agencies, local authorities…) verifying that they are easily accessible in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- At the request of the HoM, represents DWBI in meetings (NGO, official bodies, administration…)
- Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the DWBI registration in a country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the HoM, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for International, Regional and Relocated Staff.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Good spoken & written English
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with coworkers Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to cope with stress
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Good Knowledge of MS Office tools
- Graduation, Post-Graduation (University level studies or similar)
At least 2-3 years’ experience (Previous experience in the humanitarian sector desirable). Essential understanding of the functioning of the different administrations in the Indian context (critical).
HR & Benefits (Non-Negotiable)
- Monthly Gross Salary: INR 44160 /-
- Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Sick/Medical Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.