With MSF being a truly international organisation, the role of the Human Resources Coordinator (Manager level) is an exciting and fulfilling one, giving you the opportunity to develop and work with a variety of people from across the globe.
Whether going out to the projects to provide training and support for the HR field staff or working in the capital developing a national staff HR policy, HRCOs provide the essential technical expertise to ensure that our national and international staff enjoy a safe and fair workplace and build successful careers with MSF.
Key responsibilities will include
(Please note that a detailed job description will be provided for each role when offered and may differ slightly from context to context)
- Work with senior management team in country, provide HR advice on a wide variety of HR issues
- Work closely with HR teams in HQ to ensure resourcing needs for medical programmes in country are met (both national and international staff)
- Create and review HR policies and processes and oversee their implementation across all projects
- Support and advise management on learning and development of staff
- Ensure MSF operates within local labour laws in the project country and coordinate contractual aspects of staff
- Manage, train and supervise locally recruited HR staff
- Supports proper management of HR across the board and assumes responsibility of all administration and legal issues in the Mission.
- Degree in HR management or Admin Studies
- Fluency in English and /or French/Arabic language.
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Significant experience in an HR Managerial role, preferably within a multi-cultural context.
- Ability to communicate at various levels with diverse groups
- Ability to adapt HR practices to very different working environments
- Good interpersonal skills and flair for building and maintaining good relationships
- Good time management combined with strong organisational skills, and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutions to problems and effectively manage change
- Demonstrable experience in conflict management
- Experience in training, coaching, mentoring and supervising
- Willing to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum of 9-12 months
What do we offer:
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognition of the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre and post-mission health checks.
Career with MSF:
Besides the package offered , there are many intangible benefits in working with MSF in the field. Our field missions are a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to contribute in a special way to the people who need our support. We at MSF looks into all measures to support your career growth within the organization and invests in training and development of our personnel in a systematic way.