Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Number of post available: 1
Duration: May-December (Non-Renewable)
Expected Starting Date: 15th to 20th May 2019
Last Date of Application: 05th May 2019
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Community Empowerment and HCV Awareness
- To identify HCV patient advocates in high burden areas.
- To conduct focus groups with HCV patients.
- To co-lead community prevention activities at the village level with HCV patient groups (rallies, interventions in schools, health facilities etc.).
- To define key HCV HP messages and to pre-test all materials used by MSF with some community members before.
- To organise and conduct workshops with leaders in the community to increase their HCV awareness and activism
- To supervise sensitisation sessions with ASHAs.
HCV Broad Campaign
- To advise on the MSH HCV broad campaign (key messages, tools, targeted groups).
- To support the Project Medical Referent in advocacy activities.
HCV Health Promotion in MSF Clinic
- To co-prepare the celebration of the Hepatitis Day at P L Sharma Hospital.
- To design and set up new HCV HP tools at the PL Sharma Hospital (HCV HP corner).
Supervision of Health Promoter
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload & taking initiative when appropriate.
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with coworkers.
- Full command of Hindi and good knowledge of English.
- Interest in public health requested.
- Strong writing and analysis skills.
- Autonomous and creative.
- Leadership skills (necessary for community empowerment).
- Essential, university degree in social sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies.
- Essential, working experience of in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research), preferably with MSF.
- Experience in qualitative research is a plus.
HR & Benefits (Non-negotiable)
- Monthly Gross Salary: 69,784.00 INR /-
- Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: IEC/HP Manager to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 05th May 2019, 5:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.