Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999
No of post available: 3
Location: Bhadrachalam, Telangana
Last date of application: 30th November 2018
Starting date: 1st January 2019
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of the HP Supervisor.
- Under the guidance of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems.
- Keep education and communication areas clean and tidy and professional materials available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication
- Increase community/ villager’s awareness of health issues, such as the importance of prenatal & postnatal check-ups, vaccination, and Malaria. Provide community awareness on MSF and its activities by training and sensitization.
- Coordinating the IEC activities in collaboration with the IEC manager on different topics in order to support the medical activities in the project.
- Support and assist the HP manager in proposing and creations of HP and medical tools. And implements and adapts these tools accordingly in close collaboration with the HP manager and PMR.
- To train CVs and CHWs in conducting the women and men sessions.
- Establish a community-driven referral mechanism by building capacity training CVs and CHWs on danger signs and enhancing their network with health structures close the villages and improve linkage to existing MSF mobile clinics.
- Improve follow-up (ANC & PNC) and TB tracing in the villages.
- Ensure good collaboration with the medical team and referral team in the field. And able to Prepare and present a detailed report and discussions as required.
- Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching
- Languages: Telugu, Koya /Gottikoya are Mandatory. English as working knowledge is an advantage
- Preferable previous experience in teaching, nursing or social work or community mobilization.
- Desirable: previous working experience with MSF or with any other NGOs/Public Health/Community experience will be an added
- Monthly Goss Salary: INR 26917
- Secondary benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leave/Short Term Sick leave
- Sick/Medical Leave
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependants.
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents.
To apply for this position please email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and please mention clearly in the subject line Ref: “ HPIEC Officer”
Also, you can send and/or drop in the required documents to the following address:
House No : 7-1-27, Old LIC Building, Govt.Hospital Road,
Bhadrachalam, Bhadradri-Kothagudem District,
Telangana State – 507111.
The last date to submit the applications either online or by person: 30th November 2018 by or before 5:00 pm.