Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders India is an international humanitarian medical aid organization working in more than 70 countries worldwide. Médecins Sans Frontières is neutral, impartial, independent, and not linked to any political party or governmental body. Our teams provide emergency medical assistance to people in need, irrespective of their nationality, race or religion. In 1999, MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize as recognition for its medical work in several continents.
Position: HR Administrator
Job Location: New Delhi
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Start Date: ASAP
Application closing date: 16 August 2017
- Salary Gross (INR): 39,544/- per month (non-negotiable)
- 15 days annual leave; 12 days paid leave as per specified list of holidays; Sick/Casual leave of 12 days as per calendar year (pro-rated based on hire date).
- Contributions made for statutory benefit programs such as Provident Fund.
- Covered under accident insurance.
- Mediclaim: MSF provides medical reimbursement for employees and their dependents as per health care policy.
- A stimulating, professional environment in an international organization.
Purpose of Post:
- Execute tasks concerning HR administration and management aspects of the capital/project in line with the HR policies.
- Ensure implementation of the HR policies and procedures in the mission, in compliance with the national labour law and the directions and guidelines, within the scope of responsibilities.
- Assist the projects where requested by Personnel Administration Manager (PAM).
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
Hierarchically accountable to the Personnel Administration Manager (PAM) and Functionally accountable to the HR Coordinator.
Mission and Principal Activities
Homere and Payroll
- In coordination with the line manager draw up monthly pay roll for Delhi staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Ensure all the payroll related documents are signed for Delhi and filed on monthly basis.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Is the mission technical referent for Homere (HR Software).
- Generate Homere ID for all the staff.
- Carry out Homere quality check for all the mission (all project locations and Delhi)
National Staff Administration
- Ensures that individual employee files in the mission are updated and in proper order.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Follows up all (mission) contracts’ expiration dates and informs line manager with anticipation
- Prepare offer letters and complete all the joining and closure formalities as per the HR policy.
- Prepare memos, agreements, and other documents as required.
- Ensure that contract/addendum etc. are signed and file all the documents in the respective employee files.
- Prepare final settlement and employment certificate for Delhi staff and send to line manager for approval.
- Prepare per Diem for national staff when applicable and send to finance for payment.
EPF and ESI
- Send enrolment/claim forms to the consultant for further submission to EPFO and ensure proper filing of forms, acknowledgement of claims etc.
- Ensure the withdrawal claims are submitted on time and send regular updates to the projects.
- Prepare and post vacancy announcement based on JP, as required
- Assist with general recruitment tasks when needed
- Ensure all documents are filed correctly and document evolving systems and procedures are in place (i.e. Maintain personnel files for the capital staff and for the projects) Organise ID cards, and personal accident insurance for all the staff and renewal.
Legal and Administrative Compliance
- Assist HR Coordinator and Personnel Administration Manager during audit to compile the documents and prepare reports for auditors/inspection.
- Actively participates to compliance problem – solving when relevant and participates to meetings with MSF’s Audit and Compliance Unit.
- Support the HR team in translating documents into local language as needed
- Visits to the projects to provide guidance/assistance on national staff administration, as needed and requested by line manager.
- Fill the gap of Admin staffs on holiday or in any specific condition as delegated by line manager.
- Graduate or Diploma, preferably in Human Resource Management or Administration
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Human Resource Management.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs
- Functional knowledge of Homere HR software, an asset
- Able to travel and work independently outside of Delhi for a period of time
- High level of confidentiality
- Willingness to commit long – term with MSF
- Interest and commitment MSF vales, Charter and mission statement
- Able to work as well as part of a team and to cope with stress
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Able to organise and prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills and good command of spoken and written English/Hindi
- Able to be flexible in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
To apply for the above position:
Please clearly state which position you are applying for and send CV and letter of motivation to apply for this position (with phone number) not later than 16 August 2017 to email@example.com
Application without motivation letter will not be accepted.
Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not use any external recruitment consultants.