Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is working in more than 65 countries worldwide. MSF has worked in India since 1999 and provides medical treatment to hundreds of thousands of patients in states of Bihar, Manipur, Maharashtra, Jammu & Kashmir, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Nagaland. In 1996, MSF received the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development and in 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
In 2011, MSF treated more than 200,000 patients in all of its program, including various emergencies such as the acute watery diarrhoea in south Chhattisgarh, a malaria outbreak and a fire n Mumbai, and people affected by Cyclone Thane in December.
Job Profile: Medical Doctor
Number of position: 2
Salary indication: INR 82,399 including medical market adjustment
Duration: 6-9 months (extendable)
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
Project: Hierarchically and functionally accountable to the Project Medical Doctor
Purpose Of Post
- Provide quality medical care
- Ongoing assessment of health needs
Mission And Principal Activities
- Provide quality care to MSF patients according to MSF international standard of good medical practice.
- Provide consultation and management to HIV patients, drug-resistant TB (DR-TB) patients, co-infected HIV/DR-TB patients, including any co-morbidities and opportunistic infections.
- Manage and follow up specific medical activities including but not limited to Hepatitis C, DR-TB treatment delivery, including data collection and reporting activities.
- Manage and follow up patients referred and/or admitted in the hospital.
- Work as a team with other components of the service, including but not limited to outreach, patient support, clinic nurses and staff.
- Represent MSF among assisted population and partners.
- Maintain confidentiality in all roles and activities.
- Provide management and follow up for HIV care, antiretroviral therapy (ART), DR-TB care, hepatitis C treatment, opportunistic infections treatment, and co-morbidity treatment following the MSF protocol for the project.
- To discuss with medical technical referent and other relevant service components (outreach, patient support, clinic nurses/staff) about the management/treatment initiation/end of patients on ART, TB treatment, DR-TB treatment, Hepatitis treatment, opportunistic infection treatment, and co-morbidities
- Provide quality basic medical care, diagnosis and treatment, in MSF basic health clinics according to MSF clinical guidelines, including universal precautions.
- Provide proper diagnosis and treatment through quality consultations
- Facilitate proper referral of complicated cases and perform follow-ups of patients as necessary
- Watch over the rational use of medicines
- Work closely with the MSF nurses to provide quality medical care
- Assure overall good clinic management including patient flow, triage, cleanliness of clinic, waste management etc. Identify problems immediately and initiate improvements if needed with other departments (logistics).
- Assist in implementation of outreach activities
- Monitor consumption of medicines and medical material. Ensure there is adequate medical stock and coordinate the order of medical supplies as required
- Collection, reporting and analysis of clinical data
Infection control activities
- To follow and implement MSF infection control protocol in the project premises.
- To suggest improvement in infection control practices in collaboration with MSF infection control officer.
- To follow infection control practices in other facilities such as diagnostic facilities, whenever appropriate
- Inform Medical Supervisor of any irregularity, shortage or damage of materials
- Participate in team meetings as required
- MBBS degree with full & valid registration from Medical Council of India
- Desirable specialisation or training in tropical medicine and/or infectious disease (especially TB and HIV/AIDS)
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Good spoken & written English; Essential good understanding of local language(s)
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to live and work in a rural setting
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required
- Understanding of MS Office especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Please clearly state which position you are applying for and send CV and cover letter to: Hro.email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.