Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 65 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, antibiotic resistance, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Position: Medical Doctor
Location of Job: Telangana-Chhattisgarh-Andhra Pradesh
Duration: 12 months
Start Date: 01 August 2017
Salary Package: INR 66411/- plus benefits
Closing date: 16th July 2017
- Provide quality basic medical care, diagnosis and treatment, in MSF mobile clinics for primary health care according to MSF clinical guidelines and protocols, including universal precautions
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Core responsibilities and tasks
- Medical Care in Mobile clinics
- Provide quality basic medical care, diagnosis and treatment, in MSF mobile clinics for primary health care according to MSF clinical guidelines and protocols, including universal precautions.
- Identify and facilitate proper referral of complicated cases, based on protocol, and perform follow-ups of patients along with referral doctor, and in collaboration with expat supervisor
- Involve in monitoring of the medical activities; ensure the rational use of medicines and inform medical supervisor of any irregularity of drugs supply or damaged materials, suggest the needs in drugs or material
Referrals / national staff health/gap filling in mobile clinics: Gap Filling for Referrals/ national staff health
- Act as Referral doctor for gap filling depending upon the need.
- Support the referral nurses in quality follow-up and decision-making of referral patients
- Ensure that the referral protocol is followed and adapt according to the context
- Active participation in the weekly referral meetings with nurses and doctors
- Update the PMR in specific cases referred from outreach or National staff when needed.
- Flexibility to carry out other medical tasks
- Respect local culture and issues related to health seeking behaviour
- Participate in assessments and other MSF activities.
- Preferably, at least one year of working experience as a medical doctor.
- Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs working experience is an advantage
- Experience in minor surgical, obstetric & paediatrics is an advantage
- MBBS degree with full & valid registration from Medical Council of India or state medical councils
- Desirable specialisation or training in tropical medicine and/or infectious disease (especially TB and HIV/AIDS)
- English is mandatory
- Telugu, Koya, Gottikoya is an advantage
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Good spoken & written English; Essential good understanding of local language (Telugu)
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to live and work in a rural setting
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required
- Understanding of MS Office especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Please clearly state which position you are applying for and send CV and letter of motivation to apply for this
position (with phone number) no later than 16 July 2017 to MSFOCB-Bhadrachalam-Admin@brussels.msf.org
We do not use any external recruitment consultants.
Application without motivation letter will not be accepted.
Due to a high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.