Note: Due to limited vacancies in the field, we are unable to recruit for this profile until September 2021.
The role of an Electricity Manager is to plan and implement all logistics activities in the project related to electricity according to MSF protocols and standards. This is an exciting role as it gives you the opportunity to apply yourself in a low resource setting and manage the electricity needs to ensure optimal running of the project in a global setting where you can work with a diverse international group.
Electricity Managers are usually based in the projects and will be responsible for planning, establishing and reviewing the electrical activities in the project including its annual budget. We look for people from a spectrum of electrical management background with technical skills in electrical management and experience in a low resource setting. Your basic skills in cross-cultural human resource management and communication will be important, as the role involves training and evaluation of staff under your supervision and coexisting in a diverse team.
Key responsibilities will include
(Please note that a detailed job description will be provided for each role when offered and may differ slightly from context to context)
- Ensuring the electrical installations in the project are upto the level of the technical department, prioritising personnel and equipment security and optimization of energy consumption based on real field needs.
- Providing a technical proposal to improve the installations and bring them up to the level recommended by the technical department.
- Guaranteeing the set up of the recommendations and establishing the electrical records for the mission to ensure the power demand analysis and the working principle of the installation.
- Participates in the HR related processes like recruitment, training and development, briefing/debriefing and communication of the staff under his/her responsibility.
- Participates in monthly reporting according to guidelines.
- Interacting with local authorities and organisations.
- Arabic and French desirable as most of the vacancies would be in French and Arabic speaking contexts.
- Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree preferably as an engineer.
- Essential two years of working experience in logistics related activities.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs and working experience in developing countries.
- Computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills and flair for building and maintaining good relationships.
- Good time management combined with strong organisational skills, and ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutions to problems and effectively manage change.
- Willing to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment.
- Available for a minimum of 6 months, mission length may vary depending on needs
What do we offer
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognition of the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre- and post-mission health checks.
Career with MSF
Besides the package offered, there are many intangible benefits in working with MSF in the field. Our field missions are a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to contribute in a meaningful way to the people who need our support. As an organization, we look into measures to support your career growth within the organization and invests in your training and development in a systematic way.