Financial Coordinators working with MSF, help to ensure development and implementation of finance policies and provide expert financial support for all projects in the country.
Key responsibilities will include:
(Please note that a detailed job description will be provided for each role when offered and may differ slightly from context to context)
- Work with senior management team in country and Finance Department in HQ, provide Finance policies and procedures management advice on a wide variety of functional issues
- Create and review Finance Management policies and processes and oversee their implementation across all projects
- Support and advise management on learning and development of staff in the Finance Department
- Developing budgets that cater to the needs of each project in association with the Project coordinators, but also forecast possible changes in needs in line with the local context
- Providing support to the field teams for maintaining monthly accounts
- Approving all project expenditure, from medical supplies through to logistics materials
- Ensure MSF operates within financial regulations in the project country
- Degree in Finance management or Finance Admin Studies
- Financial administration (accounting and reporting)
- Financial management (planning and budget control)
- Fluency in English and /or French/Arabic language.
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Significant experience in a Finance Managerial role, preferably within a multi-cultural context.
- Ability to communicate at various levels with diverse groups
- Ability to adapt Financial policies and procedures to very different working environments
- Good interpersonal skills and flair for building and maintaining good relationships
- Good time management combined with strong organisational skills, and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutions to problems and effectively manage change
- Demonstrable experience in conflict management
- Experience in training, coaching, mentoring and supervising
- Willing to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum of 9-12 months
- Tax compliance matters
- Ability to understand and function in different legal environments
- Available for a minimum of 12 months
- Willing to work in unstable areas
- Adaptable and able to work in a team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to provide training and supervision to others
What do we offer:
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognition of the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre and post-mission health checks.
Career with MSF:
Besides the package offered, there are many intangible benefits in working with MSF in the field. Our field missions are a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to contribute in a special way to the people who need our support. We at MSF looks into all measures to support your career growth within the organization and invests in training and development of our personnel in a systematic way.