Intern – Finance
Terms of Reference
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “témoignage” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger.
Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
MSF in India
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. MSF has projects in more than 70 countries. MSF India is one of 25 institutional offices pooling funding, expertise and staff for MSF field operations worldwide.
MSF India is a people-focused humanitarian organisation that offers a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we’re committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, invites persons with disability with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned vacancy
Job Title: Intern – Finance
Duration: 3 months (tentative)
Hierarchy: Accountable to the Head of Finance & Facilities or as delegated
Main tasks and responsibilities include but not limited to orientation and exposure to:-
- Book keeping documentation & checking from tally.
- Accounting Software – Tally.
- Updating invoice register from time to time.
- Sending cheque & documents to bank from time to time.
- Vendor contract safekeeping & record keeping – digital & manual.
- Maintaining vendor & employee documentation.
- TDS Challan checking & preparing the sheet for email to vendors.
- Checking of data for TDS Return.
- Accounts reconciliation
- MIS/ Management Reporting data flow system.
- R&D of laws and provisions of Companies Act, Income Tax Act and others.
- Support Finance in general administrative tasks.
- Supporting Fundraising department for various work including but not limited to sending tax receipts to donors, as and when requested.
- Support to Compliance Officer for Secretarial and Bank Task
Contract, payment and other indication:
- MSF India intern will get travel allowance for the number of days attending the office (per day INR 300 and for 22 working days INR 6600) on a pro-rata basis.
- Covered under personal accident insurance amounting to INR 500000/-.
- Complimentary lunch facility is provided in office.
- Any additional expenses must be approved and will be reimbursed on the submission of bills.
- Experience certificate for the served duration will be provided.
- A stimulating, professional environment in a reputed international organisation
- This role is an opportunity to gain experience in the professional learning of MSF Finance department and its activities. Also there will be ample opportunity to learn about MSF work worldwide.