International Staff Support Officer
MSF is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “témoignage” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere. We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh.
MSF has projects in more than 70 countries. MSF India is one of 24 institutional offices pooling funding, expertise and staff for MSF field operations worldwide.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Position Title: International Staff Support Officer
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Deputy Head of HR
Location of Job: New Delhi, India Branch Office
Annual Salary (before TDS): INR 797776 – INR 898014
Last Application Date: 21st April 2019
- Responsible for the management of Field and office Human Resources Administration, Field volunteer support (pre and post-mission support) and general administrative work in the HR department to facilitate the timely departure of expatriates from South Asia for their missions.
- Responsible for processing applications for field volunteering up to the assessment stage
- Responsible for international field HR reporting and coordinating symphony (HRIS) implementation
Expected End Results
|Provide support to field volunteers from South Asia to facilitate their timely departure||
Implement defined processes for field applications and field volunteer administration work
General Administrative duties for HR Department and the MSF India Branch Office
- Responsible for handling Field Applications: 500 (annually reviewed)
- Number of expatriate departures from South Asia: 200 (annually reviewed)
- MSF India Staff/Association Travel: 50 (annually reviewed)
Key Performance Indicator
- First response to field applications within 3 working days
- Minimum 1 open financial advance a month
- No delay in travel departures for field staff and office staff
- Updated database and timely statistics
- 12 monthly applications overview reports
- 12 monthly travel statistics with update on any deviations
- 12 End of Mission reports
- Annual HR data matrix
- HR Department (Medical and Non-Medical HROs / Office HR/ PSO )
- Facilities Department (Facilities Coordinator )
- Finance Department ( Book Keeper )
- Communications Department ( Press Officer / Content Officer / Events Officer) and Fund Raising
- Association Department
- Travel agent
- Other ISSO’s in MSF
Other Indicative Requirements
|Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills||
HR & Benefits
- Annual Salary (before TDS): INR 797776 – INR 898014
- 33 paid leaves (prorate from date of joining) and other leaves as per MSF Internal Regulations.
- Contributions for statutory benefit programs such as Provident Fund and Gratuity.
- Covered under accident insurance
- Medical: MSF provides medical reimbursement for employees and their dependents as per MSF India health care policy
- A stimulating, professional environment in a reputed international organization.
Please clearly state in ‘subject’ of email which position you are applying for and the source from where you saw the job profile and send your CV with cover letter (combined in one word file) to: HR.Support.India@new-delhi.msf.org
Last application date: 21st April 2019
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Candidates from non-Indian origin applying for this position should have the valid legal working permit.