Note: Due to limited vacancies in the field, we are unable to recruit for this profile until December 2019.
The role of a Logistician Administrator is an exciting and fulfilling one, giving you the opportunity to develop and work with a variety of people from across the globe. The Logistician Administrator is a generalist profile with elements of administration, supply management and finance management. This involves supervision of the supply and procurement aspects, financial and HR administration including payroll management to ensure our projects run smoothly.
Your skills in cross-cultural human resource management and communication will be important, as the role involves training and evaluation of staff under your supervision. You will work closely with the Logistic, Finance and HR Coordination in the capital to implement all aspects of your role practically in the project.
Key Responsibilities Will Include
(Please note that a detailed job description will be provided for each role when offered and may differ slightly from context to context)
- Ensuring that accurate medical supply forecasting is done along with the medical team so that the project has the capacity to respond immediately to urgent medical needs as they arise.
- Management of local purchase and logistic procurement activities.
- Setting up of supply administration and related supply procedures
- Management of project accounts, cash management and security.
- Supports management of HR across the board and supports HR and Finance coordinators in relevant administrative and legal issues in the mission.
- Training, supervising and managing the supply, admin and finance team comprising of logisticians and administrators.
- Significant experience in logistics and administration related roles.
- Experience in supervising and managing teams in logistics and administrative capacity.
- Experience in finance management in terms of payroll and accounting.
- Experience in supply chain management, e.g. needs assessment, order management, purchasing, stock management and freight management.
- Good level of working on spreadsheets and databases.
- Good interpersonal skills and flair for building and maintaining good relationships
- Good time management combined with strong organisational skills, and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutions to problems and effectively manage change
- Willing to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum of 9-12 months
What Do We Offer
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognition of the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre and post-mission health checks.
Career with MSF
Besides the package offered, there are many intangible benefits in working with MSF in the field. Our field missions are a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to contribute in a special way to the people who need our support. As an organization, we look into measures to support your career growth within the organization and invests in your training and development in a systematic way.