Obstetricians/Gynaecologists are needed for the duration of three to six months or more. They need to have experience in medical and surgical complications of pregnancy, the ability to work with very limited resources and a willingness to train local staff.
- Specialisation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, as Diploma, MD, MS, DNB, etc.
- Valid Medical Council registration as a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Ability to work with limited resources.
- Experience in managing, supervising and training others
- Ability to work as a part of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Willingness to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Availability for a minimum period of 2-6 months
What do we offer
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognising the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre- and post-mission health checks.
Career with MSF
Besides the practical considerations, there are many intangible benefits. Working for MSF is a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to help people in a very real way. MSF encourages field workers to continue working for the organisation beyond their first mission, and we offer various career opportunities to our field workers.
Gaining more and varied MSF field experience makes you eligible for coordination positions in the mission such as Logistical, Medical, or Project Coordinator, or Head of Mission.