Note: Due to limited vacancies in the field, we are unable to recruit for this profile until December 2020.
MSF Pharmacists ensure good practice in distribution and that pharmaceutical practices comply with national rules. Through their expertise, pharmacists are in charge of drug management and medical equipment order, storage and distribution in MSF projects, and supervise staff dealing with daily management of procedures.
- To be qualified as a pharmacist and have significant post qualification experience, ideally in hospital pharmacy
- Experience in supervising, training and managing others
- Ability to work well as a part of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and use initiative
- Willingness to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum period of nine months
What Do We Offer
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognising the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre- and post-mission health checks.
Career With MSF
Besides the practical considerations, there are many intangible benefits. Working for MSF is a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to help people in a very real way. MSF encourages field workers to continue working for the organisation beyond their first mission, and we offer various career opportunities to our field workers.
Gaining more and varied MSF field experience makes you eligible for coordination positions in the mission such as Logistical, Medical, or Project Coordinator, or Head of Mission.
MSF is currently looking for Pharmacists with good French skills. English speaking candidates are welcome to apply. However, if you speak French to a level where you can be placed in a French-speaking mission, you are much more likely to be accepted onto the MSF register. Arabic skills are also in demand.