Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “témoignage” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere. We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh.
MSF has projects in more than 70 countries. MSF India is one of 24 institutional offices pooling funding, expertise and staff for MSF field operations worldwide.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
MSF India is a people-focused humanitarian organisation that offers a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, invites persons with disability with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the vacant position.
MSF South Asia Regional Association (MSF SARA)
MSF South Asia Regional Association covers the following countries: Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and India. The objective of this MSF association is to create a regional platform where MSF field experience in the region could be shared to support MSF’s medical humanitarian work across the globe. This is done by organising awareness workshops and debates in the region. We connect with our members through NISAR our newsletter and monthly e-news bulletins.
To meet the needs of our growing membership in the regional countries and in India, MSF SARA seeks a dynamic South Asian Regional Association Assistant.
The main role of the SARA Assistant is to support the Association Manager and the MSF SARA Association in the daily coordination and facilitation of associative events, the communication with members and the MSF SARA board in the South Asia region.
Responsible for supporting the Association Manager with communications and networking
- Assists in communications with members, focal points & MSF South Asia Regional Association (MSF SARA) board and the MSF International Office
- Assists in the production of NISAR (SARA newsletter), the e-newsletter and other identified tools of communication of the SARA association
- Assists in SARA webpage update and management.
- Contributes to planning meetings with MSF focal persons in the regional countries and India
Responsible for supporting the Association Manager with the facilitation of Associative events (Associative Life in the Field)
- Assists in the organisation of General Assembly (GA), Field Associative Debates (FAD) and Board meetings
- Assists in the organisation and facilitation of SARA debates (in collaboration with MSF projects)
- Assists in organizing SARA workshops and focal point events in South Asia Region.
- Assists in content development with/for SARA focal points in the region
- Liaising with other departments of the MSF India Branch Office for associative activities
- Assists in preparation of reports/minutes of events
Responsible for supporting the Association Manager with SARA membership issues, administration & finance
- Processes membership forms and implements SARA membership procedures
- Up-to-date database entry of required details of SARA members
- Reports on issues linked to membership
- Maintenance of up-to-date files of policies, meetings, activities and events (Teleconferences, Board meetings, General Assembly etc.)
- Assists in preparation of budgets, and reimbursements, & facilitation of payments for SARA events.
- Responsible for the up-to-date administration of SARA membership d-base with over 1500 members and up-to-date filing of documents
- Covering a geographical area of South Asia
Key Performance Indicators
- All costs reimbursements done as per MSF India Branch Office procedure
- Up to date SARA membership database
- Up-to-date filing of SARA documents
- MSF SARA Focal Points
- MSF SARA Board Members
- Other departments of the MSF India Branch Office
- MSF Operational offices in India and the region
Other Indicative Requirements
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Minimum Undergraduate degree, preferably in social sciences or other related disciplines
- Prior voluntary experience in (i)NGOs preferred
- Flexibility and ability to handle a large volume of work with tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Precise and punctual
- Event and travel management skills
- Be willing to travel, work occasional evenings and week ends
- Fluent English speaking skills
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Service Orientation
- Teamwork and Coorporation
HR & Benefits
- A stimulating, professional environment in a reputed international organisation.
- Annual Salary (before TDS): INR 493725 – INR 555808
- 33 paid leaves (prorate from date of joining) and other leaves as per MSF Internal Regulations.
- Contributions for statutory benefit programs such as Provident Fund and Gratuity.
- Covered under accident insurance
- Medical: MSF provides medical reimbursement for employees and their dependents as per MSF India health care policy
Please clearly state in ‘subject’ of email which position you are applying for and the source from where you saw the job profile and send your CV with cover letter (combined in one word file) to:
Last application date: 27th November 2019
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Candidates from non-Indian origin applying for this position should have the valid legal working permit.