Water and Sanitation Specialist
Note: Due to limited vacancies in the field, we are unable to recruit for this profile until December 2019.
If a water source becomes contaminated it can quickly turn into a medical crisis. Water and sanitation specialists are responsible for the design and management of water and sanitation projects. For day to day functioning of projects including camps and out of project sites where we operate as well as managing the emergency provision of drinking water after a natural disaster.
Sanitation work could involve appropriately siting and building latrines or taking care of waste management in a hospital.
- Education in Civil Engineering, Water and Sanitation, Land and Water Management (preferably international), or similar
- Significant work experience in water and sanitation
- Experience in managing, supervising and training others
- Available for a minimum of nine months
- Willingness to work in unstable areas
- Adaptable and able to work in a multicultural team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
What do we offer:
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognising the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre and post mission health checks.
Career with MSF:
Besides the practical considerations, there are many intangible benefits. Working for MSF is a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to help people in a very real way. MSF encourages field workers to continue working for the organisation beyond their first mission, and we offer various career opportunities to our field workers.
Gaining more and varied MSF field experience makes you eligible for coordination positions in the mission such as Logistical, Medical, or Project Coordinator, or Head of Mission.