Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare, since 1971, in more than 80 countries. MSF offers medical assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, antibiotic resistance, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telengana, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
MSF OCBA in India:
In Asansol, West Bengal, the project is focussed on improving the community management of respiratory tract infections by incorporating elements of antibiotic stewardship. It is also looking to gain a better understanding on the drivers of antibiotic use in the community In Asansol, West Bengal.
In Patna, Bihar, MSF is focussed on the treatment of Kala Azar – HIV co-infections including generating evidence for better treatment protocols so as to aid Kala Azar elimination efforts and provide care to a neglected population.
MSF also runs a project for the community based management of acute malnutrition in West Singhbhum District of Jharkhand.
Number of posts available: 01
Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: 18th October 2017
Purpose of Post
- Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the capital (equipment and structures) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material and infrastructure in optimal running conditions
- Executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to MSF facilities or other departments of consumables, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and/ or other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities
- Carrying out purchases of a supply office according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure an on-going supply of all sorts of goods
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
Hierarchically accountable to the Logistics Coordinator
Functionally accountable to Supply Manager and Logistics Coordinator Assistant (Technical)
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings etc. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Perform small repair work in structures and equipment maintenance. Keep a small maintenance stock of materials and tools to be able to perform basic maintenance work and repairs
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Preparing orders for his sector of activity. Do the follow-up, and checking proper reception and state.
- Keep supply and log store area clean, organized and tidy which involves categorising of goods, labelling of shelves, proper stacking and having enough space for reception and expedition.
- Liaise and supervise the work of any externally contracted maintenance activities or services on MSF premises.
- Keep an updating stock control of all logistics and consumable stores. Includes keeping stock cards and stock control.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods.
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Help supply line manager to keep an updated Delhi asset inventory and keep record of movement and changes in Marmota software. Submit assets report to supply /log on requested basis.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- Participate and supervise in loading and unloading of material to all MSF premises.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Perform physical release of consumable stock from the store after getting the stock transfer document form supply and delivery to requester.
- Perform waters bottle reception from supplier and delivery to the office/houses to ensure the optimum stock especially on weekends and holidays.
- Aassist supply with basic office purchases related to maintenance and supply in terms of collecting the goods and invoices from supplier.
- Ensure a continuous stock and supply of water, gas and consumables for all MSF facilities. Ensure a buffer stock of items to keep continuity of supply.
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of stock reports
- On request of line manager may carry out extra tasks (reinforcement of field team, participation in assessment or exploratory mission, etc.).
- To maintain a flexible approach and responds to the needs of the project even if outside of this job description.
- Senior Secondary Education
- Previous NGO or Other organisations experience in similar role.
- Proven understanding of logistics and organised storekeeping
- Basic computer Skills
- Knowledge of MSF logistics, equipment, and kits are desirable.
- Good spoken & written English; Good understanding of local language(s)
- Experience with MSF will be an added advantage
- Ability to organise & priorities workload independently, using initiative when appropriate.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers.
- To maintain a flexible approach in performing tasks not specifically described in the JD, when needed
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility.
- To perform tasks as required by the Supervisor according to the needs of the mission.
- Cross-cultural awareness.
- Team work.
- Behavioural flexibility
HR & Benefits
- SALARY: Rupees 21603/- gross/month.
- Benefit of 13th Month Salary.
- PF and Gratuity are applicable as per law.
- TOTAL LEAVES: 27 leaves + 12 public holidays per year.
- Wide Medical coverage (Employee + Direct Relatives), as per organization policy.
To apply please email your CV and motivational letter mentioning why you would be interested to apply for the position with the subject Ref: Log maintenance to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com on or before 18th October 2017.
C.V´s without motivational letter will not be considered for further stages.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders India is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.