Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Duration: 6-9 months (Non-Renewable)
Job Location: Meerut
Expected Start Date: 01/04/2019
Last Date of Application: 24th March 2019
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Set up the logistical systems, in close cooperation with the Logistics manager and according to MSF protocols and standard
- Supervise and arrange the general maintenance of the House/clinic/office as per request/preventive maintenance
- Supervise the maintenance of the electrical systems, generators, water, gas, and all equipment
- Support on project inventory quarterly and as per Line manager request
- Follow up AMC and schedule service of equipment
- Provide on time logistics reports to line manager
- Performs any other logistics activity as per the instruction of his immediate supervisor.
Supply & Procurement
- Arrange purchasing schedule on a weekly basis to optimize time. Communicate plan with supervisor and ensure clear instructions and preparation of documents are ready for the purchase.
- Evaluates the market in terms of local suppliers and establishes a list of all contacts of existing suppliers.
- Review prices and product specifications from various suppliers to determine which would provide the best deal.
- Track deliveries and make sure the requester receives exactly what was ordered from suppliers.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records reports and price lists and validate suppliers for consolidation of orders.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Good spoken & written English
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to cope with stress
- Willingness to live and work in a rural setting
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training.
- Minimum 1-year experience essential. Previous Experience with MSF or any other INGO would be desirable.
HR & Benefits
- Monthly Gross Salary: INR 33,334/-
- Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Sick/Medical Leaves.
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents.
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Position to: email@example.com by 24th March 2019 5:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh