Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Expected Start Date: 1st February 2019
Last Date of Application: 15th January 2019
Monthly Gross Salary: INR 26328/-
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To Assist Medical Activity Manager inpatient referrals processes and maintaining an efficient filing system for the clinic.
- Maintain a database of referral hospitals and diagnostic centres where we send the patients. Contact the referral hospital/diagnostic centre as and when required by the Medical Activity Manager.
- To make sure that the patient admission is facilitated by payment of deposit/advance to the hospital/patient and liaising with the DWBI finance department for the same.
- Liaise with the billing departments of Referral hospitals/diagnostic centres and make sure that bills are received in proper format on time and advances settled with the finance department. Accompany patient to the billing department if needed,
- Following up and receiving all the bills of labs, diagnostic centres etc…( checking and forwarding them to Medical Activity Manager for approval and organising them to forward for payment.
- Collection of diagnostic reports from outside Labs /Hospital as and when needed,
- Collecting advance from finance department & settling the claims for patients post Medical Activity Manager & Doctor’s approval
- Handle financial payments for social needs identified following approval of Medical Activity Manager (e.g. food bills, transport bill payments)
- Prepare all the files of the day for the afternoon discussion and the files of the next day for each teams review
- Arrange all patient files.
- Prepare files for meeting/data collection when required.
- Receive back patients’ files from the monitoring sector (Fuchia)
- Maintain general upkeep of the clinic (Files & X-rays)
- Ability to organise and prioritize workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to cope with stress.
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Languages: English, Hindi/Marathi.
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree with good knowledge of computer application
- Essential: Minimum 2 years work experience in similar field
- Experience in Public Health system / other NGOs will be an advantage
HR and Benefits (Non-Negotiable)
- Monthly Gross Salary: INR 26328
- Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Position Name to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th January 2019 , 5:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.