Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 65 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, antibiotic resistance, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Number of post available: 1
Project: Drug-resistant tuberculosis
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Expected Starting date: 1st June 2019
Last date of application: 10th May 2019
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide quality outpatient/clinical consultations to allMEW OPD patients
- Provide management and follow up for HIV care, antiretroviral therapy (ART), DRTB care, hepatitis C treatment, opportunistic infections treatment, and comorbidity treatment following the protocol for the project.
- Arrange referral activities and admissions for MEW OPD patients between referral hospital, diagnostic facilities, specialty center, andMEW OPD.
- Reinforce adherence on the therapy, follow up of any adverse events including adverse events reporting, verifies the understanding of the patients with HIV, TB, opportunistic infections, and co-morbidities. To collaborate with patient support team related to this aspect.
- Assist technically the home-based activities of patient support team, and perform medical home visits if required
- Provide medical consultation to national staff including the reading of routine medical checkup results as per Policy.
- Participate along with patient support team, clinic team, Mobile health Activity Manager, medical technical referent, in providing training, capacity building, and networking for internal/external partners including other NGOs network, hospice staff, hospital staff, orphanage staff, school staff, ART centers doctor on a relevant medical issue.
- To discuss with medical technical referent and other relevant service components ( patient support, clinic nurses/staff) about the management/treatment initiation/end of patients on ART, TB treatment, DR-TB treatment, Hepatitis treatment, opportunistic infection treatment, and comorbidities.
- To participate in weekly DRTB committee case discussions and To document cases and reports for presentation/reporting/case discussion with DRTB committee Chairman or with headquarter (Brussels or Southern Africa Medical Unit) and prepare a medical discussion with DWBI chest physician and relevant service components in the medical team.
- Follow the universal precautions including DWBI standard of infection control implemented in the project. Contribution to the model of care design and improvement
- Participate in regular meetings with Mobile Health activity manager for inputs in OPD consultation monitoring tool in collaboration with the medical technical referent.
- Contribute expertise in revising and updating medical protocols of the project in conjunction with the mobile health activity manager and the medical-technical referent.
- To participate in refresher training for nursing staff in OPD in collaboration with Chest physician
- Participate in the project planning activities including future plan of the project and budget planning activities as and when requested by the Mobile Health Activity Manager. Participate in planning, monitoring, implementation, and evaluation of medical activities in general.
Patient support activities : To collaborate with the chest physician, counsellors and nurse supervisor in OPD to take regular updates and tracking of patients eligible for newer drug regimen.
Data gathering, analysis, and reporting activities
Infection control activities
Emergency response activities
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to cope with stress.
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required and aptitude for humanitarian medical work.
- Excellent computer skills (especially MS Office MS Word and MS Excel) & reporting skills.
- Languages: English, Hindi/Marathi.
- Essential: MBBS degree with valid medical council of India or any state medical council registration
- Desirable 1 year experience in relevant jobs, in similar field
- DRTB/HIV clinical experience preferable.
- Experience in Public Health system / other NGOS will be an added advantage
HR & Benefits (Non-Negotiable)
Monthly Gross Salary: INR 66554 +INR 22,500 as allowance and Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Position Name to: email@example.com by 10th May 2019, 5:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW