MSF Medical Hospital Manager defines, coordinates and monitors the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population.
MSF seeks Medical Hospital Manager to fulfil the following Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities of the project, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the programs/project. Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers ...) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensuring an efficient pharmacy and medical equipment management and monitoring the rational use of them. Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves ...). Participating in shifts and replaces a doctor, if necessary
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
- Participating in external meetings and representation at local level.
- Minimum MBBS with Masters in Public health/Administration or similar qualifications.
- Minimum of 2-3 years and above of professional experience in a managerial role
- Full Medical Council registration in home country
- Experience is managing a medical facility
- Significant professional experience in a project management capacity, international and/or healthcare/medical management preferred.
- Significant professional experience in a low-resource or emergency setting.
- Proven (people) management and communication skills leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising, managing, coaching and training others.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Proven affinity with humanitarian and medical issues in complex crisis situations.
- Willingness to work in unstable environments.
- Ability to represent MSF with national and international counterparts.
- Deep understanding of humanitarian principles
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Good command of English required. Knowledge of French, Arabic, Spanish and Russian are also assets.
Terms & Conditions
All MSF Medical Manager positions are unaccompanied posts, as family members cannot be posted in the project with them.
We ask for a minimum commitment of 9-12 months, MSF seeks to retain individuals as we strongly value experienced staff.
All posts are initially offered on fixed-term contract, on project basis.
The recruitment process will involve at least two interviews one of which may be in India or in the region.