Our Mental Health Specialists play a vital role while working with people suffering from various levels of distress related to conflict or natural disasters, with victims of sexual violence or people living with HIV/AIDS. In addition, they are also involved in developing - programmes and to train local mental health workers.
- Formal education and post qualification in one of the following: Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social work (with additional psychological therapy qualification), Psychiatry (with additional psychological therapy qualification)
- Currently licensed to practice one of the above areas with independent licensed clinical practice ( for Psychiatrists )
- Experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Sexual Violence, Tuberculosis (TB) care
- Experience in managing and training mental health workers
- Experience in the clinical supervision of others and treating trauma-related problems
- Experience with emergency mental health/crisis interventions
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Willingness to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum of 9-12 months
- A second language (preferably French, Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese) is considered an asset
What Do we Offer
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognising the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre- and post-mission health checks.
Career with MSF
Besides the practical considerations, there are many intangible benefits. Working for MSF is a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to help people in a very real way. MSF encourages field workers to continue working for the organisation beyond their first mission, and we offer various career opportunities to our field workers.
Gaining more and varied MSF field experience makes you eligible for coordination positions in the mission such as Logistical, Medical, or Project Coordinator, or Head of Mission.
MSF is currently looking for Mental Health Specialists with good French skills. English speaking candidates are welcome to apply.