Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 65 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, antibiotic resistance, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh..
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
MSF OCBA in India
In West Singhbum district of Jharkhand, MSF runs a project for the community based management of acute malnutrition
In Patna, Bihar, MSF is focussed on the treatment of Kala Azar – HIV co-infections including generating evidence for better treatment protocols so as to aid Kala Azar elimination efforts and provide care to a neglected population.
- Number of post available: 1
- Level: 10
- Project Location: Primarily in New Delhi Office, with regular visits to projects
- Availability: Minimum 12 Months
- Last application date: 19th May, 2019
- Starting date: ASAP
- Email: email@example.com
Purpose of Post
Participating and collaborating with the Head Of Mission and the Asia Unit Logistics Coordinator in the definition and implementation of all technical and logistics strategies and support to the field. This implies ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programs, the adequacy of the means provided and the compliance to MSF standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimize the impact of the medical projects
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
- Hierarchically accountable to Head of Mission and functionally accountable to Asia Unit Logistics Coordinator.
- Hierarchically and Functionally Supervises Base and Facilities Officer, Technical Logistics Manager and Functionally Supervises Project Logistics Managers.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- With the close technical support of the Asia Unit Logistics Coordinator, participating in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, advising the HoM in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention
- Monitoring the implementation of logistics and technical activities in the mission ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the HoM on the development of the on-going programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed.
- In close collaboration with the HR department, participating in the recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing and performance evaluation of the logistics staff in the mission in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Implementing all these related activities to the logistics staff under his/her direct responsibility.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the mission and provides coaching to logistics staff.
- Ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required. Participate in the rental process of new flats if needed.
- Monitoring and implementing the technical aspects of the risk reduction rules: transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans.
- Ensuring communication means in the Mission, allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ
- Providing reports on projects/mission evolution from the technical/logistics perspective and proposing corrections if needed
- Participate in planning of logistics aspects of MSF premises contracts/ termination in Capital
- Participate in the planning of logistics activities related to opening and closing of projects if necessary.
- Be available for short notice deployment to support regional emergencies within India and Asia Region.
- Be available to travel to field project to support field logistic teams within India: 50% of his/her time, the position holder is expected to spend travelling between two projects.
- Essential Technical Diploma
- Desirable Technical Degree
- Essential working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
Mission language and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- People Management and Development
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
HR & Benefits
- SALARY: Rupees 77,538 gross/month (non-negotiable)
- Benefit of 13th Month Salary
- PF and Gratuity are applicable as per law.
- TOTAL LEAVES: 18 days annual leave; 12 days as per organization public holiday list
- Sick/Casual leave of 12 days as per calendar year (pro-rated based on hire date)
- Wide Medical and Accidental coverage (Employee + Direct Dependant), as per organization policy
To apply please email your CV and motivational letter mentioning why you would be interested to apply for the position with the subject Ref: Mission Logistics Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19th May 2019.
Applications that are no completed (CV + Covering letter) will not be considered
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders India is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.