Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Expected Start Date: 01st March 2019
Last Date of Application: 10th February 2019
Monthly Gross Salary: INR 29,908/-
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participate in the implementing, monitoring and evaluation of medical activities for HIV patients.
- Triage sick walk-in patients and prioritize them accordingly. Provide emergency nursing care as necessary in designated area informing the doctor promptly of patient condition.
- Assist the receptionist with the rescheduling of patients when necessary. Prioritize according to medical need in collaboration with OPD doctors. Report any problems to the nurse team supervisor.
- Support, monitor and direct the daily work of the nursing auxiliaries in collaboration with Check that vital signs, weights and BMIs are being taken and recorded accurately in patient charts
- To Perform injections-test dose and full dose,ECG, dressings, blood taking, sputum collection in collaboration with other nursing staff.
- Ensure diabetic patient referral register is being maintained properly duly filled. Scheduling appointments for sputum induction and maintaining the record of the same in a register.
- Helping the receptionist for calling patients pending for initiations and modifications and paediatric cohort patient appointments every Friday.
- Tracking of hospitalised patients.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day running of dispensary activities in collaboration with the nurse team supervisor.
- Ensure to maintain accurate daily and weekly drug consumption records
- Participate in and ensure drug education and adherence counselling is being given correctly to patients
- Check that prescriptions are correct and medications dispensed are recorded in patient notes
- Participate in training workshops and presentations monthly once in OPD.
- Participate in data compiling for monthly /quarterly reports and submit to nurse team supervisor.
- Be aware of and strictly follow all staff and patient infection controls instituted for the prevention of the spread of TB in OPD This includes ensuring all environmental and administrative controls are adhered to according to National Airborne infection control policy.
- Conducting mask fit tests for staff as and when indicated by the Nurse team supervisor.
- Report equipment malfunction to Nurse team supervisor immediately.
- Collaborate with the nurse team supervisor in the implementation monitoring and maintenance of universal precautions and waste management in the OPD
- Be responsible for overseeing the correct laboratory sample collection and storage by other staff.
- Ensure Pt details are recorded accurately by staff and samples are given to OPD labSRL, a representative from Ranbaxy labs at the time of scheduled collection.
- Report any problems to the Medical Activity Manager and nurse team supervisor.
- Ensure all patients BMI is calculated and recorded correctly in Pt records
- Follow up by telephone contact twice weekly for patients initiated on supplements and weekly all existing patients on nutrition supplements to ensure proper adherence and early identification of problems
- Nutritional supplements & Maintain nutrition database and report data monthly
IEC and Health Promotion
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to cope with stress.
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required and aptitude for humanitarian medical work.
- Excellent computer skills (especially MS Office MS Word and MS Excel) & reporting skills.
- Languages: English, Hindi/Marathi.
- GNM with Maharashtra nursing council registration
- Experience: Desirable working experience of at least two years in a similar field.
- DRTB/HIV clinical experience is preferable.
- Experience in Public Health system / other NGOs will be an advantage
HR & Benefits
- Monthly Gross Salary: INR 29908 and Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Position Name. to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th February 2019, 5:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW