Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and
advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Expected Start Date: 01st March 2019
Last Date of Application: 10th February 2019
Monthly Gross Salary: INR 29,908/-
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the drug education given to the patient is in accordance with the current and most updated DRTB, ART, and O.I. protocols for MSF and as per project requirements.
- Give information regarding expected drug side effects.
- Make patient invoices for every medicine dispensed in dispensing software.
- Cross check prescriptions and if something is not clear, should check with respective doctor before dispensing.
- Prepare Dispensing Pharmacy monthly orders based on expected patients for next month and/or AMC.
- Monitor stocks to avoid any ruptures.
- To analyse stocks weekly and put emergency orders in case of an anticipated increase in consumption.
- Complete monthly stock inventory at the end of each month.
- Check all expiry dates during monthly inventory.
- Drugs with less than 6 months expiry should be brought to the notice of the Project Pharmacist Manager.
- Expired drugs should be quarantined. Project Pharmacist manager should be informed for moving it out of Dispensing Pharmacy.
- Arrangement of stock, Labeling and keeping invoice with respect to all prescription which is dispensed.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
- Management of New MDRTB drugs: Activities like reception, maintaining stock cards, reception documents distribution, analysis reports. If stock reaches buffer level inform Project Pharmacy Manager.
- Do a monthly inventory. Monitor stocks in case of change of patient medications and inform Project Pharmacy Manager.
- Maintain Patient-wise records of drugs which are course based and inform the Project Pharmacy Manager if the patient is about to complete the course.
- Maintain and keep records for all medicines dispensed from dispensing pharmacy.
Ensure Implementation of GDP Guidelines
- To ensure that stored stock is kept clean, dry and secure at all times.
- Dispensing Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy to allow for ease of access and safety considerations.
- To facilitate and monitor regular cleaning of Dispensing Pharmacy.
- To record temperature and humidity twice a day, in dispensing pharmacy and Combo Storage unit. Also, record maximum and minimum data of the previous day in the morning.
- Also, monitor the storage of cold chain items, and record daily temperatures in respective register twice a day.
- In case of the cold chain break down or related inconsistencies, he should report Project Pharmacy Manager or concerned person in his absence.
- Manage expired and damaged items according to protocols. Closely monitor 6 months near expiry stocks and report to Project Pharmacy Manager.
- Receive returned items and inform Project Pharmacy Manager to decide if it can be added to the stock or should be discarded.
Security and Infection Control
Availability and flexibility in case of DWBI emergency intervention
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to cope with stress.
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required and aptitude for humanitarian medical work.
- Excellent computer skills (especially MS Office MS Word and MS Excel) & reporting skills.
- Languages: English, Hindi/Marathi.
Essential: Bachelor of Pharmacy degree (or equivalent 4-5 years diploma according to the country of origin of the pharmacist)
- Essential: two years’ experience in (hospital) pharmacy management
- DRTB/HIV clinical experience is preferable.
- Experience in DWBI / Public Health system / other NGOS will be an added advantage
HR & Benefits (Non-Negotiable)
- Monthly Gross Salary: INR 29908 and Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Position Name to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th February 2019, 5:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW