Our Project Coordinators work as part of the management team and are based in the field projects, leading and managing project activities and teams. We are recruiting a limited number of project coordinators under strict criteria; apply only if you meet all essential criteria specified below.
(For internal candidates currently working with MSF, please speak to your line manager in the field or to your HRO directly, we do not accept internal applications for the post of Project Coordinator via this website as the screening process is different.)
The role of Project Coordinator is key in making sure MSF achieves its mission objective. The positions - are varied, very challenging and extremely rewarding.
MSF seeks Project Coordinators to fulfil the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Being responsible for implementation of project activities by coordinating the optimal use of medical, logistical, financial and human resources.
- Planning and implementing the activities of the project keeping in mind the medical activitiy indicators in coordination with the medical team.
- Envision and steer the project to ensure the continuity and relevance of our health projects with respect to changing requirements of the region and security challenges
- Acting as a liaison and arbitration point between different parties working in hospitals, health centres and/or mobile clinics.
- Representing MSF on project issues towards local communities, authorities & their counterparts and towards UN agencies and other nongovernmental organisations in the project area while taking into account the goals, objectives and strategy for the mission as a whole.
- Promoting MSF identity and principles as an independent humanitarian medical organisation.
- Negotiating with different actors and stakeholders of the region and community.
- Being responsible for human resource management of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team including supervision and coaching of local and international staff.
- Contribution to create, review and update policies and reports such as country policies, annual plans and trimester reports with a vision of the future of the organisation.
- Preparing and monitor project proposals, budgets and evaluations in line with the organisational requirements in the area.
- In collaboration with the Project Administrator, ensuring correct implementation of the administration including bookkeeping, national staff salary administration and cash flow planning.
- Planning, monitoring and ensuring logistics continuity in the project sites in coordination with the Logistics team
- Provide regular monthly reports on programmatic, security and contextual matters.to all concerned.
- Liaising with the country management team on a regular basis.
- Significant professional experience in a project management capacity, international and/or healthcare/medical management preferred.
- Significant professional experience in a low-resource or emergency setting.
- Extensive experience (professional or travel) outside of your home country.
- Proven (people) management and communication skills leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising, managing, coaching and training others.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Proven ability in being responsible for delegated security management.
- Proven affinity with humanitarian and medical issues in complex crisis situations.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work in unstable environments.
- Ability to represent MSF with national and international counterparts.
- Deep understanding of humanitarian principles
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Good command of English required. Knowledge of French, Arabic, Spanish and Russian are also assets.
- Leadership skills.
Terms & Conditions
All MSF Project Coordinator positions are unaccompanied posts, as family members cannot be posted in the project with them.
We ask for a minimum commitment of 9-12 months, MSF seeks to retain individuals as we strongly value experienced staff.
All posts are initially offered on fixed-term contract, on project basis.
The recruitment process will involve at least two interviews one of which may be in India, MSF India does not reimburse travel and/or accommodation costs for prospective candidates.
What do we offer:
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognising the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre and post mission health checks.
Career with MSF:
Besides the practical considerations, there are many intangible benefits. Working for MSF is a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to help people in a very real way. MSF encourages field workers to continue working for the organisation beyond their first mission, and we offer various career opportunities to our field workers.
Gaining more and varied MSF field experience makes you eligible for coordination positions in the mission such as Logistical, Medical, or Project Coordinator, or Head of Mission.