Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 65 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, antibiotic resistance, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Position: Specialist Supervisor (Monitoring and Evaluations)
Location of Job: Mumbai
Duration: 12 months (renewable with mutual agreement)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary Package: INR 39544 /month plus benefits
Closing date: 17 July 2017
Coordination of Monitoring and Evaluation activities for MSF project in Mumbai
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To consolidate and develop the monitoring and evaluation part of the project in close collaboration with the medical managers and data entry operators with support from Epidemiologist.
- Assist to define the M&E strategy of the project according to the changing medical needs and context
- Guide the development and implementation of the project by monitoring progress and evaluating the effectiveness of all interventions of MSF project Mumbai.
- Review monitoring tools for HIV/DRTB/HCV.
- Strategic data management support to the project in Mumbai (quarterly indicators).
- Set-up simplified data monitoring system (DMS) for projects where not yet in place and update outdated DMS according to new strategies and provide input into software system improvements.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of routine and ad-hoc reports, queries and extracts as required.
- Strengthening the quality of data collection and reporting, in close collaboration with data entry operators and medical teams.
- Ensure accuracy of the medical data entered into the mission’s database on a regular basis.
- Support the data process/management strategies, used by stakeholders involved in MSF projects and interventions.
- Support data collection and management of the routine M&E and additional data collection required for OR and routine reporting.
- Ensure that the data collection is streamlined with the needs of the MOH’s in Mumbai as required.
- Supervise and provide technical support to data entry operators and contribute towards capacity building training of data entry operators within the project.
- Carry out Field Support visits to evaluate and respond to M&E needs.
- Participate in the team planning for the Monitoring and Evaluation part of the programme.
- Master’s degree preferably in public health, Health Administration, social work, statistics.
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in related jobs.
- Desirable, working experience with MSF/ other NGO’s
- Ability to quick understand main objectives, set priorities, anticipates and plan activities
- Excellent organisational and skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills are highly required.
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required
- No political involvement, open-minded, open to other cultures
- Fluency in English, Hindi/ Marathi
Please clearly state which position you are applying for and send CV and letter of motivation to apply for this position (with phone number) no later than 17 July 2017 to email@example.com.
We do not use any external recruitment consultants.
Application without motivation letter will not be accepted.