Note: Due to limited vacancies in the field, we are unable to recruit for this profile until October 2019.
The role of a Supply Logistician is an exciting and fulfilling one, giving you the opportunity to develop and work with a variety of people from across the globe. The Supply Logisticians make sure our projects are equipped with everything that is needed to deal with an emergency. As a Supply Logistician with MSF, you will supervise the daily purchase and transport of supplies, ensuring our programs run smoothly.
You will work to ensure the stability of supply activities within regular and emergency intervention of the concerned projects. You will also plan and review budgets for the supply chain in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission.
Your skills in cross-cultural human resource management and communication will be important, as the role involves training and evaluation of staff under your supervision. You will work closely with the pharmacy manager and medical team to forecast medical supplies months in advance.
Key Responsibilities Will Include
(Please note that a detailed job description will be provided for each role when offered and may differ slightly from context to context)
- Ensuring that accurate medical supply forecasting is done along with the medical team so that the project has the capacity to respond immediately to urgent medical needs as they arise.
- Management of local purchase and logistic procurement activities.
- Setting up of supply administration and related supply procedures.
- Warehouse management and ensuring of inventory management as per procedure.
- Management and maintenance of cold chain.
- Training, supervising and managing the supply team comprising of storekeepers, purchasers, supply logistic assistants and labourers.
- Capacity building of the supply team and managing the administration of the department.
- Significant experience in logistics-related roles.
- Experience in supervising and managing others in a logistics capacity.
- Experience in supply chain management, e.g. needs assessment, order management, purchasing, stock management and freight management
- Experience in Warehouse Management.
- Good level of working on spreadsheets and databases.
- Good interpersonal skills and flair for building and maintaining good relationships
- Good time management combined with strong organisational skills, and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutions to problems and effectively manage change
- Willing to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum of 9-12 months
What Do We Offer
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognition of the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre and post-mission health checks.
Career With MSF
Besides the package offered, there are many intangible benefits in working with MSF in the field. Our field missions are a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to contribute in a special way to the people who need our support. As an organization, we look into measures to support your career growth within the organization and invests in your training and development in a systematic way.
Due to heavy volume of applications and less vacancies in the field the selection process is extremely strict. Kindly apply only if you feel you meet the essential criteria. Please be aware that there will be a waiting period of 6-9 months on an average to be placed in the field if you are successfully recruited.