Besides the practical considerations, there are many intangible benefits. Working for MSF is a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to help people in a very real way. MSF encourages field workers to continue working for the organisation beyond their first mission, and we offer various career opportunities to our field workers.
Gaining more and varied MSF field experience makes you eligible for coordination positions in the mission such as Logistical, Medical, or Project Coordinator, or Head of Mission.
- Work with us (visit our recruitment section on www.msfindia.in for more details)
- Volunteer at our office in New Delhi (in our recruitment, fundraising or communications department)
- Donate to our cause – become a voluntary fundraiser, or organize/sponsor a charity event for us.
MSF India is a section 25 company.
Pan no. for MSF India is AAICM4703B
MSF is an international medical humanitarian organisation. MSF India is registered as a section 25 company in India. It has operations in more than 70 countries around the world.
- Running medical programmes that provide general healthcare and hospital-level care in areas where people have difficulties accessing medical treatment; and the diagnosis and treatment of neglected diseases like kala azar and drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Advocacy initiatives to lower drug prices, stimulate research and development of new treatments, and overcome trade and other barriers to accessing treatments.
- As an organization that undertakes implementation without any external support; we also invest in organizational development as well as, capacity building for our staff in projects and institutional office which is important to improve the quality of medical care for the patients.
Yes, we accept money from corporates, but only if there is no potential ‘conflict of interest’. For instance, MSF India does not accept money from pharmaceutical and extraction industries (such as oil, natural gas, gold and diamonds), alcohol and tobacco companies, arms manufacturers or industries that hire child labour. MSF India does not accept contributions from corporations/industries and their respective corporate foundations whose core activities may be in direct conflict with the goals of the medical humanitarian work of our organisation, or in any way limit MSF India’s ability to provide humanitarian assistance.
- An identification card stating clearly that s/he is a MSF representative. The card will also carry the MSF brand logo and contact details for our office.
- Relevant MSF literature. For more information on MSF, or to confirm the identity of the representative, or for any other information, please contact the MSF India office. The representatives are not authorised to ask for or accept any cash donations for MSF. Only a cheque or demand draft made out to MSF India will be accepted by them.
For donations made by cheque / DD, you will receive a receipt by post within 45 days of your donation. The electronic copy of the donation receipt is the same as what will be sent by post and can be used for claiming tax benefits.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of your information, not just the sensitive information like a credit card number, is restricted. Only the employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our donation officers) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees who handle membership information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. And they are well aware of the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our supporters’ information is protected.