- Position: HR Assistant
- No of vacancies: 1
- Subject/Mission: EndTB Trial
- Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
- Monthly Gross Salary: INR 38,890/-
- Location: Mumbai
- Expected Start Date: 1 October 2021
- Closing date: 12 September 2021
- Email to: email@example.com
Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontiers (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. DWB offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Doctors Without Borders (DWB) has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas; treatment and care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition; hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. An important subject for our action is containing the effect of antibiotic resistance. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare, and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment everywhere.
Doctors Without Borders was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999. Doctors Without Borders India (DWBI) runs projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, and Telangana.
Doctors Without Borders India (DWBI) and the endTB project
Doctors Without Borders India and its partners i.e. Partners In Health (PIH), Interactive Research and Development (IRD), Epicentre, France, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Belgium and the Harvard Medical School have launched two major clinical trials, endTB and endTB-Q which seek to revolutionize treatment for the toughest strains of tuberculosis (TB), the world’s leading infectious disease killer.
The goal of these studies is to generate high-quality evidence from a highly heterogeneous population that could lead to a change in the global recommendations for the management of MDR-TB.
The endTB trials are multi-country, randomized, controlled, Phase III clinical trials testing five new, all-oral, shorter duration regimens compared to the current standard of care. The aim of the trials is to find shorter, less toxic and injection-free treatments for ‘multidrug-resistant TB’ (MDR-TB). The experimental regimens mainly rely on newly approved or repurposed drugs and avoid drugs to which high rates of resistance have been reported in MDR-TB patient populations.
These multi-country trials are being conducted in Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Pakistan, Peru, South Africa and Vietnam. In India, the trials are conducted at Mumbai and Pune sites by Doctors Without Borders India (DWBI) in Partnership with ICMR- National AIDS Research Institute (NARI) and in support with National Tuberculosis Elimination Program (NTEP).
Task and Responsibilites
DWBI Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Under the supervision of the Project HR Manager managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on-time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly payslips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into the local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Additional HR/ Admin tasks delegated by the Project HR Manager
Local Recruitment and onboarding & HR filing
- Responsible for Recruitment and selection process
- Onboarding, orientation and documentation of new staff in Homere & physically in HR files sharing the same with the coordination team within the timeline
- Preparing, recording and updating individual files of the national staff: Identity sheet, contract, DWBI Charter and employees Charter, Job Description, certificates, Leaves, salary, evaluations, PAN card/Passport copies, Warnings, Evaluations.
- To ensure that the Provident forms are correctly filled and sent to coordination office without delay. Coordinating with the HRCO Deputy in Coordination to receive the provident fund numbers on time.
- Follow-up and documentation of leave dates of staff. Also, ensure the submission of annual leave planning of the staff members with the supervisors
- Prepare and share the HR & Admin database with timeline with concerned teams. (Coordination and finance)
- Ensure submission of payrolls and Homere data to HR manager within times
General Administration & Compliances
- Follow-up for documentation related to Tax and PF& ESI with coordination & distribution as per guidelines, and documentation of the same
- Responsible for – Collection of 12 BB from staff and submission to coordination office with timelines. Also documentation in Project HR files
- Prepare and follow all the contracts, Agreements for DWBI and liaise with landlords, insurances, energy-phone, internet and water companies
- Checking and supervising the payment of outstanding utility bills for all premises in the Project with the Receptionist.
- Do visits to DWBI premises regularly. Regular follow-up on administrative issues, maintenance problems and followed up with the log department and landlords when needed on time.
- Prepare and follow all the contracts renewal or termination linked to rent of houses, office, warehouses, a security company.
- Contact with the owners. liaise with landlords, insurances, energy-phone-water companies (paying the bills), etc.
- Supporting the team for translation and printing of endTB documents.
Licensing & Insurances
- Follow-up for all licenses related to the Office and Clinic are in place and ensure that renewed in time in coordination with Project HR Manager.
- Regular follows up & Updates on the premises and vehicle insurance as per DWBI policy and Prepare the payment of all the insurances premium to be given to finance
Travel management and support
- Ensures proper management of movements (from and to the projects).
- Responsible to coordinate for booking of domestic flight tickets for all staff (national and international) with coordination and coordinate for accommodation (negotiate for the best price)
- Ensure the delivery of mobile phones and house keys to the visitors/team on arrival, keep a record of it and make sure to get them back on time.
- Responsible for all admin-related support for visitors - arrivals & departures, local transport and accommodation, etc.
- Admin support for international training & meetings for visas, preparation of PerDiem sheets and follow up with coordination team.
Support to Sites
- Support & Travel to project sites for any HR & administrative requirements as and when required.
- To maintain a flexible approach and responds to the needs of the project even if outside of this job description.
- Essential: Masters level degree in business/ Commerce/ administration
- Desirable: Specialization in HR or a degree/ diploma in HR
- Essential: Experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable: Experience in DWBI or similar organizations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to cope with stress.
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required and aptitude for humanitarian medical work.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, PowerPoint, internet) with good typing speed
- Languages: English, Hindi & Marathi.
HR & Benefits (Non-Negotiable)
- Monthly Gross Salary: INR 38,890
- Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: HR Assistant (EndTB) to:
by 12th September 2021 10:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.