Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF currently has a country coordination office in New Delhi which is part of the Asia Coordination Team (ACT) which oversees the medical activities of MSF in India as well as in other countries in the region, mainly Bangladesh, Thailand and Indonesia.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Number of posts available
: New Delhi Office. The position entails 25% travel to projects in India /other countries in Asia Unit.
Last application date
: 20th February 2020
: 1st April 2020
: 9 months, with possible extension
Purpose of the Position
Support the Regional HR Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities according to the instructions of the HR Coordinator and MSF protocols in order to improve the management of human resources and contribute to the professional growth of MSF employees in the unit. Replaces the HR Coordinator in his/her absence.
Functional And Hierarchical Lines
Hierarchically and functionally accountable to Regional HR Coordinator – Asia Unit.
The HR Coordinator can delegate ad hoc any responsibility to the Deputy HR Coordinator. Among others, the Deputy HR Coordinator could:
- Participate in the Human Resource planning, implementation and monitoring in the unit to properly achieve the missions’ objectives and respond to needs that may arise, particularly:
- Participate in the definition of job profiles, and the mission’s set-up in terms of HR needs.
- Participating in the project opening and closing and its timeframe from HR perspective.
- Provide support to field teams in order to guarantee good performance and management.
- Provide support to field coordinators, field Administration Managers and other supervisors in all HR related issues, provide technical support ensuring they understand and apply HR management policies and tools.
- Provide support in the legal, administrative HR management of the mission, for both national and international staff , on issues related to Labour law, contracts, salaries, social security, labour relations, health insurance systems, etc.
- Participate in the selection and recruitment processes, as well as in the induction programmes and welcome briefings/sessions in order to recruit and prepare the most suitable candidates for the unit.
- Participate in the identification of staff development, training needs / potential to promote the professional growth of people within the organisation.
- Report to the HRCo on the implementation of HR policies in the field as well as of any incidents / problems that may arise and make proposals to improve HR management in the field.
- Support HRCo in the overall administration of the Mission.
- Represent MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for issues related to HR and Administration, at the request of the HRCo.
- Support HRCo in all reporting tools under his/her responsibility.
- Support managing the international staff’s movements (visas, tickets, etc.)
- Covers for HR Manager and/or HR Coordinators in the Region, in case of absence or gap.
- Essential University degree or further specialization in HR management.
- Essential experience in HR Management positions (minimum 2 years).
- Desirable experience in HR field work (minimum 1 year)
- Desirable HR working in experience in other countries under the scope of Asia Unit.
- Desirable experience in INGOs (minimum 2 years)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Availability to travel
- Planning and organisation
- People Management.
HR & Benefits
- SALARY: Rupees 119,429 gross/month
- Fixed term contract from April 1st to December 31st, 2020 (3 months’ probation period)
- Benefit of 13th Month Salary.
- PF and Gratuity are applicable as per law.
- Wide Medical coverage (Employee + Direct Relatives), as per establishment policy.
Please send your CV and cover letter (in a single PDF file only), stating your motivation and what can you contribute to the position, with the subject Ref: Dep. HRCO to
on or before 20th February 2020.
Applications that are not completed (CV + Covering letter) will not be considered.
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders India is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minority group candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.