Paediatricians in MSF projects ensure the quality medical care for the Paediatric and Neonatology in-patients according to the MSF protocols. Supervise and empower the Medical Doctors in order to allow the continuity of the activities even during expat absence. Training, coaching and supervision are the focus of this position
- Specialisation in Paediatrics as Diploma, MD, etc
- Minimum of 2 years and above of professional experience after medical registration
- Medical Council registration as a paediatrician.
- Managerial and supervisory experience
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Ability to provide training and supervision to others
- Availability for a minimum period of nine months to twelve months
- Experience in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, infectious diseases, TB.
- Good communication skills (teaching/coaching, giving feedback)
- Delegation and negotiation skills; tactful/diplomatic
- Good management, planning/organising & group leadership skills
- Problem-analysis/decision-making skills/analytical
- Goal/results-oriented; works independently & is pro-active
What Do We Offer
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognising the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre- and post-mission health checks.
Career with MSF
Besides the practical considerations, there are many intangible benefits. Working for MSF is a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to help people in a very real way. MSF encourages field workers to continue working for the organisation beyond their first mission, and we offer various career opportunities to our field workers.
Gaining more and varied MSF field experience makes you eligible for coordination positions in the mission such as Logistical, Medical, or Project Coordinator, or Head of Mission.