Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar, and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
The Asia Coordination Unit is responsible for the oversight of the India, Thailand, China missions and also for the emergency Explos that may be requested from time to time. The Unit requires high mobility (about 60 per cent travels, often at short notice) and is currently based out of Delhi, India. The position holder under the Asia unit will also require a lot of flexibility as the setup and functioning of the unit is atypical in nature and has much less support available for its functioning compared to regular MSF structures.
The HR Coordinator Assistant will be based in Delhi office supporting mainly the activities of partner organisations in various countries in the region including Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, China, Bangladesh, India and others. The position is responsible for supporting the Regional HR Coordinator and Regional Finance coordinator in managing HR related issues in these countries including oversight and monitoring of the HR aspects of projects in these countries.
This position entails a large amount of travel – up to 60 per cent of travel per month, often at short notice. Candidates applying for this position are encouraged to do so only after ensuring that this amount of travel is acceptable to them. The position is expected to gap fill during short-term vacancies in the project countries as well as do detachments of up to 60 days in project countries as part of the induction process and as deemed necessary.
Number of posts available: 1
Location: Primarily in Delhi, with regular visits to the project in Thailand, expanding to other countries in the region. In the event of an emergency potentially available to work in other States within India and/or the region.
Last application date: 14th January 2019
Starting date: ASAP
Purpose of Post
Implement general administrative procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labour and fiscal regulations, under the Regional Human Resources Coordinator (Asia) supervision.
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
Hierarchically & functionally accountable to the Regional Human Resources Coordinator (Asia).
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Following the Regional Human Resources Coordinator (Asia) instructions, supervise that the internal regulations are followed in the mission in order to ensure both tax and labour regulation compliance
- Execute recruitment activities ensuring transparency and equity and issuing job offers conveniently in order to meet HR needs
- Inform all the new staff on Staff Regulations, HR policies and regulations and/or living conditions in order to facilitate staff integration and their security
- Execute, under the Regional Human Resources Coordinator (Asia) supervision, employee contract related activities (file opening and formal documentation archiving, personal data updating, amendments, termination dates supervision, etc.) in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Present and explain contract terms and the content of Internal regulation (rights and obligations) to newly recruited personnel in order to ensure legal compliance and local integration
- Collect the variable pay slip elements on Homere (paid holidays, sick leave, unpaid leave, etc.) in order to ensure accurate and on time payroll payment
- Supervise the payroll process, checking the list of employees and amounts payable (variable pay, taxes, social security contributions, etc.) in order to ensure accuracy and on time payroll payment.
- Be the lead responsible on organizing flights, accommodation etc. on a regular basis for the Asia Unit as well as take the lead in the organization of various events managed by the Unit.
- Register applicants to training activities and help the Regional Human Resources Coordinator (Asia) to evaluate the results in order to improve return on training expenditures.
- Support the Regional Human Resources Coordinator (Asia) to draw up annual holiday planning in order to schedule staff shifts and cover operational needs.
- Supervise project budget execution in order to detect deviations and recommend corrections.
- Organises travel and files of all Staff arriving/departing the Mission, including International Staff documentation (visas, DWB cards, Mission Orders, etc.), booking and purchasing plane tickets, keeping/renewing passports and organizing briefings/induction.
- Ensure that all staff have valid work, stay, travel permits
- Ensures staff travelling through the capital is picked up, has appropriate papers and a place to stay
- Qualifications: Graduation degree essential.
- Work experience: Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Qualifications: Desirable, degree in HR or business administration related studies.
- Work experience: Experience with DWBI or other NGOs in developing countries
- Ability to maintain confidentiality & diplomacy
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Knowledge of HR-related software like Homere etc.
- Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility.
- Flexible for extensive travel as per project needs.
- Fluent written and spoken English is necessary. A large portion of the work entails dealing with English speaking external partners and counterparts
- Willing and able to travel independently to various countries managed by the Asia Unit – about 60% travel is foreseen, often at short notice.
HR & Benefits
- Level: 7 (as per MSF standards and salary grid)
- Salary: Rupees 44,160 /- gross/month.
- Benefit of 13th Month Salary.
- PF and Gratuity are applicable as per law.
- Total Leaves: 30 leaves + 12 public holidays per year.
- Wide Medical coverage (Employee + Direct Relatives), as per organisation policy.
To apply please email your CV and motivational letter mentioning why you would be interested to apply for the position with the subject Ref: HRCO Assistant – Asia to email@example.com on or before Friday, 14th January 2019.
C.V´s without motivational letter will not be considered for further stages.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders India is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.